Thecadactylus rapicauda — Northern Turnip-tailed Gecko
Pook's Hill, Belmopan, Belize—April 11, 1998
This individual was found in a tree by flashlight. We had another one rustling around in the dry palm leaves that composed our hut's roof. The people in the next hut had no large gecko in their palm leaves; instead they had at least three large scorpions.
- Father Alejandro Sánchez's West Indian natural history site.
- Campbell, J. A. 1998. Amphibians and Reptiles of Northern Guatemala, the Yucatán, and Belize
- Lee, J. C. 2000. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of the Maya World
- Lee, J. C. 1996. The Amphibians and Reptiles of the Yucatán Peninsula
- Rogner, M. 1997. Lizards
- Stafford, P. J., Meyer, J. R. 2000. A Guide to the Reptiles of Belize