Sphenomorphus cyanolaemus — Blue-throated Litter Skink
These skinks were common but extremely wary at Mulu. The males are dark, often near-black, with a noticeably blue throat. You can see this in the first photo here. (Well, maybe you can't, but I can if I zoom in on the original full-resolution photo. Did I mention that these skinks were extremely wary?).
The females are lighter in color, and lack the blue throats. The English name is kind of sexist.
- Sphenomorphus cyanolaemus account on The Reptile Database
- Sphenomorphus cyanolaemus account on Ecology Asia
- Das, I. 2004. Lizards of Borneo
- Das, I. 2010. A Field Guide to the Reptiles of South-east Asia
- Malkmus, R., Manthey, U. Vogel, G., Hoffmann, P., & Kosuch, J. 2002. Amphibians & Reptiles of Mount Kinabalu (North Borneo)