About Trips Top 10 Lists References Recent Changes Email Me
Sightings arranged by: Taxonomy Location Date Scientific Name
Pholidoscelis plei — Anguilla Bank Ameiva
Also known as:
Anguilla Bank Ground Lizard
The Caribbean species formerly included in genus Ameiva were split off into Pholidoscelis in 2017.
After having just come from an island with striking Orange-faced Ameivas, I was not especially impressed with the more nondescript Ameivas on Sint Maarten. Still, I suppose it's not their fault that they don't have some crazy bright body part like their nearby cousins.
- Caribherp's list of reptiles and amphibians of each Caribbean island
- Derek B. Tucker, Stephen Blair Hedges, Guarino R. Colli, Robert Alexander Pyron, and Jack W. Sites, Jr, 2017. Genomic timetree and historical biogeography of Caribbean island ameiva lizards (Pholidoscelis: Teiidae)
- Hodge, K. V. D., Censky, E. J., Powell, R. 2003. The Reptiles and Amphibians of Anguilla, British West Indies
- Schwartz, A., Henderson, R. W. 1991. Amphibians and Reptiles of the West Indies: Descriptions, Distributions, and Natural History
- Schwartz, A., Henderson, R. W. 1985. A Guide to the Identification of the Amphibians and Reptiles of the West Indies Exclusive of Hispaniola