About Trips Top 10 Lists References Recent Changes Email Me
Sightings arranged by: Taxonomy Location Date Scientific Name
Pantherophis guttatus — Corn Snake
Also known as:
Eastern Corn Snake, Red Corn Snake
Corn Snakes are among the most common and oft-seen snakes in Florida, and yet I had to visit Florida many, many times before I finally saw one. Is that fair?
My second and third Corn Snakes showed up on the same night. I can see why people like these things.
- Pantherophis guttatus account on The Reptile Database
- Pantherophis guttatus account on iNaturalist
- Ashton, R. E. Jr., Ashton, P. S. 1988. Handbook of Reptiles and Amphibians of Florida, Part One: The Snakes, Second Edition
- Bartlett, R. D., Bartlett, P. 2003. Florida's Snakes: A Guide to Their Identification and Habits
- Bartlett, R. D., Bartlett, P. B. 1999. A Field Guide to Florida Reptiles and Amphibians
- Conant, R., Collins, J. T. 1998. Peterson Field Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians of Eastern and Central North America, Third Edition, expanded
- Holbrook, J. D. 2012. A Field Guide to the Snakes of Southern Florida
- Tennant, A. 1997. A Field Guide to Snakes of Florida
- Tennant, A. 2003. Snakes of Florida, Second Edition