About Trips Top 10 Lists References Recent Changes Email Me
Sightings arranged by: Taxonomy Location Date Scientific Name
Lampropeltis knoblochi — Madrean Mountain Kingsnake
Also known as:
Knobloch’s Mountain Kingsnake, Chihuahuan Mountain Kingsnake
This species was formerly considered a subspecies of Lampropeltis pyromelana.
I had looked under numerous logs and innumerable rocks in this canyon, looking for but failing to find Ridge-nosed Rattlesnakes. Then looked under one more log and found this gorgeous little guy, one of the snake highlights of this Mexico trip.
- Lampropeltis knoblochi account on The Reptile Database
- Lampropeltis knoblochi account on Tucson Herpetological Society site
- Brennan, T. C. and Holycross, A. T. 2006. A Field Guide to Amphibians and Reptiles in Arizona
- Crother, B. I. (ed.) 2017. Scientific and Standard English Names of Amphibians and Reptiles of North America North of Mexico, with Comments Regarding Confidence in Our Understanding, Eighth Edition
- Heimes, P. 2016. Snakes of Mexico
- Rorabaugh, J.C., Lemos-Espinal, J.A. 2016. A Field Guide to the Amphibians and Reptiles of Sonora, Mexico