This species was only described in 2006. Oddly, there are two papers from that year from two different groups of authors, both of which describe this species as if for the first time. One calls it Cophotis dumbara and one calls it Cophotis dumbarae. These two were synonymized shortly thereafter, but the paper that synonymized them (as mentioned on The Reptile Database) is not only in German but also seems to be unavailable online. I do wonder what the story is behind this double description.
- Cophotis dumbara account on The Reptile Database
- Cophotis dumbara account on iNaturalist
- V. A. M. P. K. Samarawickrama, K. B. Ranawana, D. R. N. S. Rajapaksha, Natalia B. Ananjeva, Nikolai L. Orlov, J. M. A. S. Ranasinghe, and V. A. P. Samarawickrama, 2006. A New Species of the Genus Cophotis (Squamata: Agamidae) from Sri Lanka
- Somaweera, R., Somaweera, N. 2009. Lizards of Sri Lanka: A Colour Guide with Field Keys
- de Silva, A., Ukuwela, K. 2017. A Naturalist's Guide to the Reptiles of Sri Lanka